Dental Update webinar series delivers for better dentistry
The webinar series held by Dental Update, Denplan and Oral-B from February 23 to March 18 drew in an incredible 25,766 registrations, with people able to view the webinars both live and on demand.
The series, titled ‘Working together for better dentistry’, provided 12 free webinars on key clinical subject areas and covered the GDC’s recommended and highly recommended topics, including disinfection and decontamination, medical emergencies (and CPR), radiography and radiation protection, mouth cancer, complaints handling and safeguarding. All of the webinars provided an hour of verifiable CPD each.
Designed to help UK practice teams navigate the continuing challenges in dentistry throughout this time of national and professional crisis, the webinars addressed important covid-specific issues and provided the latest evidence-based guidelines for safe and effective clinical practice in 2021 and beyond. The series featured a number of renowned speakers, including:
- Professor Trevor Burke on ‘A pragmatic approach to treatment of erosive tooth wear’
- Ian Dunn on ‘Sex, drugs, and sausage rolls – Periodontal risk factors, risk assessment & risk management’
- Katie Baker and Tracey Colmer on ‘ABCDE! The systematic approach to medical emergencies’
- Avijit Banerjee on ‘"MI" maintenance of dental restorations in the pandemic era – the "5Rs" unwrapped’
- Louis Mackenzie on ‘Grey areas: a practical guide to caries detection and diagnosis’
- Chet Trivedy on ‘Covid-19 to Covid-21: an update for the dental team’
- Mike Lewis on ‘The mouth is the window on the body – what can you see?’
Specialist periodontist Ian Dunn commented, “It was fantastic to be invited to be part of this webinar series at such a challenging time for the profession. The quality of the free education on offer throughout the series was a fantastic support for the profession, with some of the biggest names in dentistry delivering high quality education into our homes for free! As a speaker, the pre-webinar organisation was superb, with great communication and support from the team at every stage.”
Louis Mackenzie, head dental officer at Denplan, said, "As Denplan’s fourth successful webinar series with Oral-B and Dental Update draws to a close, it has been encouraging to once again see record numbers of dentists and their teams tuning into our virtual clinical series. As dental teams across the country continue to confront the professional challenges brought about by the current health pandemic, we understand how important it is for dentists to stay connected, share knowledge and best practice and most importantly, continue to undertake clinical training to complete their CPD requirements. Special thanks to all of our expert speakers, without whose time and commitment this webinar series would not be possible."
All of the webinars from the series are still available to view on demand at https://conference.dental-update.co.uk