Align Technology, a leading global medical device company that designs, manufactures, and sells the Invisalign® system of clear aligners, iTero™ intraoral scanners, and exocad™ CAD/CAM software for digital orthodontics and restorative dentistry, will host the Invisalign Scientific Symposium 2022, its annual event for orthodontists on September 9-10, 2022, in Dubai.
With a working theme of ‘Patient-Centric Clinical Excellence’, the Invisalign Scientific Symposium 2022 will provide clinical evidence on three core topics:
- Clinical Outcomes in Growing Patients
- The Impact of Technology on Treatment Experience
- Oral Health During and Post Orthodontic Treatment
Invisalign trained orthodontists from Europe and other markets will share forward-thinking clinical knowledge and learn from their peers about how to move forward with their practice. Lectures will be delivered by international speakers. Some of the sessions already are already confirmed:
- Principles and Biomechanics of Aligner Treatment by Tommaso Castroflorio & Professor Francesco Garino
- Canine Inclusion: Tads (Temporary Anchorage Devices) and Aligner Strategy by Riccardo Capuozzo
- Treatment of Impacted Teeth with Invisalign: A Case Series by Waddah Sabouni
- Maxillary Molar Distalisation as Part of Aligner Treatment in Adults - Efficacy of Intermaxillary Elastics Versus Palatal Skeletal Anchorage by Benedict Wilmes
- Management of Interdisciplinary Orthognathic Surgical Cases with the Invisalign System by Thomas Felkai
- Evaluation of Effectiveness and Stability of Aligner Treatments Using the Peer Assessment Rating Index by Joerg Schwarze
- An Invisalign approach and scientific review on management of periodontally challenging cases by Dr. Suliman Shahin
- Three-dimensional digital planning. The concept of regenerative orthodontics to stretch the limits of treatment by Simonetta Meuli and Dr. Federico Brugnami
Scientific Symposium Awards 2022
The Best of Scientific Symposium 2022 will recognize one of the speakers of the symposium for the best presentation, the relevancy of the topic covered, and the quality of the research. Attendees will have the possibility to vote throughout the event to select the winner.
Align will also highlight orthodontic work by post-graduate students, with the new EMEA Emerging Leader Award category, which will be awarded for the first time. This award is designed to support emerging professionals in projects focusing on orthodontic treatment with clear aligner therapy. The winner will be selected before the symposium by an external clinical committee composed of Esmeralda Herrero (Spain), Professor Padhraig Fleming (UK) and Professor Luca Levrini (Italy) and will have the opportunity to present their work on the second day of the event in Dubai.
Pierre Velu, Align Technology VP sales ortho channel, core Europe commented, “After two editions held online, it will be a tremendous pleasure to meet many of our customers in person again for the 2022 edition of the Invisalign Scientific Symposium. It will be a brilliant occasion to discuss and reflect on what the Invisalign clear aligner system has brought to orthodontics since its creation, as we celebrate Align’s 25th anniversary this year. Since the beginning we have continuously worked to provide the best technology to our clients to ensure the best possible outcomes for their patients.”
To enhance the learning experience and foster insightful discussions, the event will also feature networking sessions, as well as Invisalign clear aligner and iTero scanner live demos for attendees.
Virtual event available on-demand
The event recording will be available on demand to give dental professionals full flexibility to watch the presentations at their convenience. Dentists will need to register on the Invisalign Scientific Symposium website.
The recordings will be uploaded on the Invisalign Doctor Site available in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Turkish and Russian and available for a year for registered members.